Have you ever considered starting a career in Real Estate? You can now get your Texas Real Estate license in 5 simple steps! With our convenient delivery options, flexible schedules, and pre-built packages, Champions has everything you will need to start your journey towards getting your Real Estate license! Follow the steps outlined below to learn all about the licensing process and enroll today to take the first step towards jump starting your new career!
The following 6 courses are required by the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) for anyone who seeks to earn a Texas Real Estate License:
- Principles of Real Estate 1
- Law of Agency
- Real Estate Finance
- Principles of Real Estate 2
- Law of Contracts
- Promulgated Contract Forms
Estimated time to Complete: 3 - 6 Weeks
Once you have completed your courses with Champions School of Real Estate, gather all of your course completion certificates and go to www.trec.texas.gov and click on "Real Estate Sales Agent" in the Become Licensed" dropdown menu.
- Under "File Your Application," click "Log In Now."
- On the log in screen, under "New User," click "Begin Here for Sign-Up"
- Fill out all required information to setup your account.
- Once you are logged in, you will submit an "Application for Inactive Sales Agent" by choosing the First Time Sales Agent License application in the drop down menu.
- Pay the application fee of $205
Fax (512-936-3864) OR Email (email@example.com) the following:
- A copy of ALL course completion certificates
- Include college transcripts if applicable
- For a FAX: Use your application receipt as your cover sheet
- For an Email: Attach certificates and receipt. Include your name and address in the body of the email.
If you already have a sponsoring broker, have him or her sign the Broker Representation form, sign yourself, and send to TREC (firstname.lastname@example.org). This can be completed and sent to TREC at any time but you will not receive your license until you have a sponsoring Broker.
Once the application has been filed and all documents have been sent to TREC, it may take up to 14 business days to receive a response.
Application Processing Times - TREC has set up the following page to communicate the current TREC processing times to license applicants. - TREC Processing Times
Check Application Status - TREC has set up the following page to allow applicants to check the status of their existing license application. If you have submitted an application and are wondering about the status, this is a good place to start. - Check Application Status
Once you have submitted your application to TREC, it can take as long as four weeks to review your application and education. During this time, we highly recommend that you complete the Real Estate Exam Prep course to ensure that you are prepared for the State and National Exam. This class will take the guess work and stress out of testing. You may repeat the course as many times as you want for a full year! We recommend taking the Prep class at least two times before taking the actual exam.
Estimated time to Complete: 2 Days
Once you receive the approval letter and Candidate Information Brochure (CIB) from TREC, you must sign up to take the state exam at a Pearson VUE Testing Center. Appointments can be made by going to pearsonvue.com/tx/realestate/ or calling them at 800-997-1248. The cost is $54 payable to Pearson Vue and must be paid at the time of reservation by credit card, debit card, voucher, or electronic check. You must pass both exams with at least a 70% to obtain your license.
At this time, you will also have to get fingerprinted ($41.45). Fingerprints can be taken at some of the Pearson Vue testing centers or you can find a location near you by clicking here.
Estimated time to Complete: 7 - 10 Days
Note: You must pass the State Exam within one year of submitting your application. Also, do not forget to download your FAST Print Pass using the nine digit ID number form your approval letter.
Once you have scheduled your state exam, visit the TREC website (www.TREC.texas.gov) and follow these steps to schedule an appointment and complete your fingerprinting/background check:
- Select "Real Estate Sales Agent" from the "Become Licensed" dropdown menu.
- Under "Get Your Fingerprints Taken and Pass Your Background Check," click on "Fingerprints"
- Search for your account using either your TREC ID or first name, last name, and birth date in order to obtain your "Get IdentoGO ID."
- You can now use your IdentoGO ID _______ to schedule an appointment at the IdentgoGO website.
Contact our Team Lead Bill Helton at Bill@H3Texas.com or 817-915-0929.